Sunday, May 15, 2011

THOR: The Hour Of Righteousness

I was in Singapore last week to process my work visa and I had to wait for long hours before I could get back my passport with a visa stamp. Anyway, I decided to watch the movie Thor while waiting for the release of my passport.

Mighty Thor was the title of the cartoon super hero on television which I always watched when I was a child. I was always excited everytime I watched it back-to-back with the cartoon show Moby Dick. I couldn't help but feel the adrenalin rush into my body as a young fan of Mighty Thor watching his heroic deeds on the TV screen. The movie featured great sci-fi tricks and giant fight scenes. I felt that I was watching the Mighty Thor that I used to watch back then. I hate the feeling of having to go to the toilet while watching the movie. Hence, I tried to run as fast as I could so as not to miss any exciting highlights of it. Again, my adrenalin helped me do it.

The story was realistic and typical of many families with siblings who experience a lot of issues and conflicts. Anthony Quinn being the King, has exemplified an image of a father who was wise and firm with all his decisions. This is surely not an easy task to do for a father who loves his children so much and having to see them go through a painful process of learning.

Thor was punished by the King because of his attempt to overrule him by wanting to fight their enemies. The hammer was taken away from him and at the same time he was sent to planet earth powerless. According to the King, the hammer would only go to the righteous person, worthy of its great power and might. After all the pain, agony, and humiliation he hurdled, he redeemed himself from all his wrongdoings and became a worthy keeper of the powerful and mighty hammer.

It was “The Hour Of Righteousness” for Thor and he had to do what was right that time. He did not allow his brother to ruin everything and he even begged him to stop his evil plans. However, his brother was already succumbed by his ardent jealousy against Thor especially when he discovered that they were not real siblings. Instead of doing what was right, his brother decided to end his life and let go of everything. Thor felt devastated losing his brother and at the same time letting go of his personal desire to be with a woman he met on planet earth. He did it primarily because of his decision to protect his planet from the great havoc and catastrophe created by his brother. It was indeed a very difficult decision to make for Thor but he stood firm for what he believes is right and good for his people.

On my way home to Jakarta, I was immediately put into a human test. The driver who was supposed to pick me up at the airport was not there. Honestly, I felt quite upset about it but I let my EQ work for me. I decided to take a taxi and told the driver to take the fastest route going to my place. After few minutes, I just noticed that he passed by the long and winding road! Sounds like a song? It would surely cost me a lot considering that I didn't have much money. I started to question him and I caught myself up arguing with the driver in a very upset voice. In the process, I realized that I had to stop this inanity. I came into my senses when I remembered the story of Thor. Though I kept quiet and calmed down myself, the driver continued with his grotty talk. Nonetheless, I just allowed him to deliver his freedom speech. Good thing about it was that he spoke in a language which I don’t fully understand and it helped me not to engage further. It was tough knowing myself as a very assertive and outspoken person.

With all humility, it was “The Hour Of Righteousness” for me and I think I was able to do what was right. If not, I have surely ended up in a bad situation which could have resulted in more serious squabbles with the driver which I would definitely regret later on. Thanks to T.H.O.R. for reminding me to do what is right!

2 comments:

  1. Finally managed to drop in! Hope to be checking your blogs more often. Btw, the king is Sir Anthony Hopkins, right? See you soon, Floro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi imanbelievable. this is not floro but i am his fellow blogger. thanks for reading and hope you continue visiting our blogs and if you may share it to your friends as well. thanks again. God bless:)

    ReplyDelete

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...