Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tears in Heaven!

When I was young, I was an active member of the Legion of Mary. This is a church organization that propagates the virtues of the blessed Mother Mary. As a Catholic and as a legionary, we promised to protect the Catholic faith by being soldiers of Mary. Every Sunday, we had our regular meeting presided by our president. During his allocutio, meaning, his time to share his reflection to all the members of the praesidium based from the legion handbook, I remember him sharing a very beautiful story I will never forget.

One day, an emergency meeting of all angels in heaven was called upon because of the news that God was sad. Because of this, the leader of the angels summoned everyone to discuss their plan on how to make God happy. After hours of deliberation, they have all decided to go to planet earth and find anything that they can offer to God to make him feel good and happy. Because angels can fly, they all rushed down to earth and went to different places to search for anything that they can find and offer to God with the hope that it will help solve their concern.

After a long period of time, here comes Angelito, a big and brave angel who immediately offered a sweet and red watermelon. He gave it to God and said, “My God, here is a very delicious fruit which I found from the country the Philippines, people love it so much and I thought of getting one for you. I hope you will like it.” God replied, “Thank you Angelito you are very thoughtful to remember me.” Apparently, God was still sad. The angels in heaven were still worried and as they kept on hoping at the same time that one of their friends will be able to bring something for God that will make Him feel happy. After awhile, an angel named Angelita was flying very fast towards God. She was holding a beautiful and colorful batik from Indonesia. Angelita offered it to God and said, “God I found this very attractive item from Indonesia and I hope you will like it.” Again, God replied, “Thank you for being kind Angelita, I truly appreciate it.” But still, God looked sad and gloomy. It seemed to be hopeless for the angels to make God feel happy. Nonetheless, they still waited for the rest of the angels to return. This time, it was the turn of Kerubin to offer his gift to God. However, the angels were all surprised because Kerubin was empty handed. Still, he went to God and said, “My God, I am very sorry because I don’t have any item I can offer you.” God replied, “Kerubin, your effort means a lot to me and you need not worry.” Kerubin continued to talk and said: When I was roaming around your beautiful creation, I chanced upon to visit an old church in a small island surrounded by clean and blue waters. Inside the church, I heard a sound of an old woman crying. She was praying and begging that you help her son who was dying. When I saw the tears dropping from her eyes, I tried my best to fly fast and catch a tear that was falling. I have it here my God and this is what I can only offer you. God replied, “Thank you very much Kerubin, you made me happy.” All the angels were taken aghast because they never realized that a tear from an old woman will make God feel happy. They all thanked Kerubin and there was an unending euphoria in heaven because God was happy again.

I have heard a lot of good stories but this one made me realize that it is not only good things that we accomplish, offer, and give thanks to God that make Him happy. Even the saddest moment of our life when offered to God make him happy too because we are able to share our genuine being with Him. It doesn’t mean that He wants us to be sad but it only means that God feels more our love towards Him especially when we are down and low. Thus, He is always there to be with us and share in our moments of trials and sufferings.

Tears in heaven. A very precious tear that means happiness to our God. How about you? What do you do when tears fall from your eyes? Don’t you think it can also make God feel happy when you offer it to Him?

5 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this. its message can never be more timely for me. it helped me feel good and assured knowing that in my lowest moment, God is glorified as this is when i turn to His love and strenght for help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you my friend:) You are a good person and I know His love for you is beyond space and time:) Cheer up because god loves you very much:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i already heard about this story and i love it as ever which i shared also to my nephews and son. The story truly moved me and realized that admitting our sins is what God really awaits from us than believing to much to our own capacities.

    ReplyDelete

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...