Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guys, give us a closer look.

A man once told me that one of the deciding factors whether he would continue to pursue a woman to be his life partner is how she behaves during the time of courtship or dating. He added that the way she behaves or responds to him could be the same way she has been responding to her previous encounters of the opposite sex.
WOW! I was absolutely blown off by hurricane Katrina! Do men really judge us this way as a person during the early stage of 'getting-to-know-you'?
Before I continue, I must caution you that my views do not represent any group of females' point of view but  is my sole opinion on the matter.
He has a point. I myself follow a certain type of pattern on how I respond to men while dating although my response would vary depending on my degree of “liking” the guy. Do I see him as a potential friend, boyfriend, partner, or just any other guy to go out for a movie?
The woman in me rebelled at this notion! What if the right man would come into my life at the wrong time? Gals, would you agree with me that women can be quite emotional and dramatic at how we respond to stress, change, and relationships? Am I expected to be at my best all the time?
To the same guy, I would react differently as to how I am from within. Just in case, just-in-case, Mr. Right comes into my life at the time when I am most vulnerable- when I am at my lowest point, when I just lost a family member, broke off with a boyfriend, or put on 10kgs more for some random reasons. In the same way, Mr. Wrong would come into my life when I am at the peak of my career, when I have won Ms. Universe or just had a life-changing-180-degree- turn of positivity. Am I to be judged and say boohoo! Tough luck! Right-love-at-the-wrong-time?
When I am at the lowest point then I would be the most vulnerable person on earth. The slightest sign of attention and care can be in my eyes expression of unconditional love. Therefore I would be a gullible lass and can be a victim of men’s’ innuendoes. Then he will judge me - EASY. In the other way, if I would be in seventh-heaven then a man’s imperfections will be the least of my worries because for me, everything in my sight is bright and happy.
Does this sound familiar? Guy meets girl, guy was perfect, and girl was (at the moment) a disaster. Guy shows attention and care and Girl opens up her life and feelings. Guy thinks she’s easy. Girl was disappointed.
I don’t know. I must admit it is much easier for me to decipher a woman, obviously because we speak the same language. I can easily tell if she is at her best or not. Are men capable of seeing this? How many men out there would actually take a closer look at who we really are as a person and not only on how we respond to dating?
Who says only women are complicated? Who says only women misjudge men? Who says women play with men’s feelings, make them pursue to have the pleasure of turning them down?
Well, who has the answers? I don’t. Though I just shrug my shoulders because I know the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...