Sunday, February 6, 2011

a fast and easy way to know which months of the year have 30 days

Now that it is the month February, I would remember what once my father taught me when I asked him one night, while doing my assignment, what months of the year would have 30 days. This is the tip that he gave me and he told me to memorize it as he did by heart. Here it goes:

30 days of September, April, June, & November, except for February that has 28 days and 29 in a leap year.

If my memory serves me right, he bragged that they were taught to memorize it when they were in Grade 1. He was a product of the American education system that required English as a medium of instruction even in grade school. Hence, I would hear him speak in English most especially during night time once the effect of liquor has gotten into his system.

I miss my father. Thanks for the tip Tatay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...