Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Won't Be The Same Without You

Christmas won’t be the same without you

Christmas won’t be the same if you go

All I need to see standing by my Christmas tree…. is Christ

Christmas won’t be the same without you

They say that Christmas is only for children. Others would say that Christmas is for our less fortunate brothers and sisters. Many say that Christmas is the longest and most expensive season of the year. In the Philippines, Christmas season starts at the very first day of the so called, “ber months”.

For the past years of my life, I will never forget all the delicious food, new bills, brand new clothes, toys, hugs, and kisses I received from my parents, god parents, siblings, relatives, and friends. They have made my Christmas truly exciting and memorable. When I was young, Christmas is all about receiving and using everything that I got to make me feel good and proud as a child.

For many men and women whether young or old who are in love or broken hearted, Christmas won’t be the same without the person they truly loved so much. In fact, a good number of people have tried to commit suicide or ended up their life because of losing the person they love for menial or grave reasons. Obviously, their life and love was focused on one person only. Is that really the ultimate reason for this season?

What happened to the true reason why we celebrate Christmas? Why do we view it differently? Why do we celebrate it in a manner that seems to be full of materialism and earthly desires? If we say that Christmas is the birthday of our Lord Jesus Christ, how do you think He really wants us to celebrate His birthday?

When there is a birthday celebration, we expect to have a euphoric party full of fun and frolic. We wear our favorite, posh, and branded attire that we have. We bring the most impressive gifts that we can give to the birthday celebrant and we partake in the most delectable food that can be served for everyone. Now I wonder, do we think, feel, and do the same way during Christmas day? Have we truly asked ourselves what we can do best for this day? Have we thought of doing what we can really do to make our birthday celebrant feel very much loved and happy?

As the song goes, Christmas won’t be the same without you….. Seemingly, Christmas is deemed as a selfish way of thinking about oneself and one person only. It can never be that meaningful without the person you desire to be with everyday of your life.

I hope by this time, we have all learned our lessons very well. Christmas is the birthday of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. He is the one and only reason why we celebrate this season. He is what I long to see standing by that Christmas tree and no one else. I can only hope that all of us would be able to transcend our thoughts, feelings, and actions toward the true meaning of this holy event in our life as Christians.

Christmas won’t be the same without you

Christmas won’t be the same if you go

All I need to see standing by my Christmas tree…. is Christ

Christmas won’t be the same without you

No comments:

Post a Comment

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...