Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let Go and Let God!


Letting go to know the truth
Is not so hard to do
It's the heart that's got the will
To open up for Him to fill
And trusting and believing Him
Is all we've got to do
It's just the heart that's got to move
For Him to show His love that's been there
Even when we never cared
Take hold of His hand
Let go and you'll understand…..

How can you let go of someone whom you dearly loved? How can you let go of all the thoughts and feelings you have for someone you loved since the day you were born? How can you let go and live life as if everything is just fine?

It’s almost two years now since my beloved Amang (father) and Inang (mother) passed away. It always hurts me every time I remember the sweetest and loving moments I had with them. It hurts me more when I remember the time they breathed their last and close their eyes as if they were saying goodbye. It hurts me every day thinking that I will never see them anymore.

Before I sleep at night and every time I wake up in the morning, I always say my good night and good morning to both of them. Losing my parents was the most painful and saddest moment of my life. I still hover on the thought and feeling of their loving presence every single day. I think that nothing can really fill in and heal the pain and emptiness I feel inside me every day.

When my friends talk about their parents, I tell them to change the topic because it makes me feel sad. Whenever I watch movies or TV shows with scenes about parents with their children, I just can’t help but cry. Sometimes I wish that time machine is real and that I have the power to bring back the hands of time so I can show more love and affection to my father and mother. But the truth of the matter is that they are both gone and I will never see them again for a very long time.

But as days pass by, I slowly feel that God is filling in the void inside my heart. God is surely healing my heart from the pain I am going through every day. He gives me hope knowing that the day will come that I will see my parents again in His loving time. Because of God’s great love, I am genuinely feeling and realizing that He is my One True Creator and Parent that takes care of me since the very beginning of my life.

God my loving Father, I thank you for giving Amang and Inang as my parents. You know that I miss them so much but in my emptiness and yearning to be with them again, I just have to let go and let You, my God to rule over me because if I let go then I will fully understand…..


4 comments:

  1. I feel for you Holy Weak! As they say, time heals all wounds. I pray that one day, when you think of your Amang and Inang, it will no longer be pain- that you will not see them again but it will be a big smile knowing that you have been blessed a lifetime of their presence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonya....thank you very much for your inspiring comment. I appreciate it very much. I miss you my friend. Hope to see you again soon. God bless you always:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Holy Weak! i will pray for you. in God's time, you will be able to, fully, through His Grace and Mercy that we all have to continuously invoke

    ReplyDelete
  4. @expatworld - thank you very much my dear friend. I know in God's time I will be totally healed.

    ReplyDelete

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...