Thursday, January 27, 2011

What was the worst thing you’ve said on a Date?

What was the worst thing that you have said when you were out on a date?
Dating is a whole lot of ball game, they say. Why balls? Are women supposed to juggle them? Ask the guys.
Anyway, I remember at one time – I was asked out by a guy. Very randomly I said yes knowing that the first date was dancing-with-a-lot-of-flirting. It was so much fun!
During the course of the night while we were out standing in the bar, flirting, sipping my rose’ I said to myself, hmmm very boyfriend material. Why? He is cute, has a decent job, tall, and extremely funny. Funny, meaning his jokes actually make sense.
I know most women’s brain activity including myself would be during a date. 2% would just be automated response like “seriously?”, “really?”, “oh, seriously?”, “oh, really?”. We are not dumb beings but these again are automated responses like a recording because the other 98% of our brain is actually fantasizing how it would be like to spend the weekend with him. What will I wear when he will introduce me to his parents? How beautiful would I look on that huge white wedding dress? How many kids are we going to have? And so on… that is if you like the guy.
Many times it has happened to me that I would be a victim of myself thinking out loud. Through the course of our intimate conversations where I am supposed to be the mysterious chased damsel, I blurted out these words, “Would you like to be my boyfriend?” The politeness in him laughed and thought that I was joking. And the idiot in me even made things worse and added, “Seriously, I think you would be the excellent boyfriend material.”
The night went on with our usual flirtations and sexy dancing but obviously we never went out after that. I realized that 5 minutes after I said those words or things of pure stupidity. Blame it on the rose’.
Days passed and I could just not believe why I said that? Though it pays to speak your mind but believe me, NOT ALL THE TIME!
Whoever told you that, we should be ourselves and speak our mind? These are people who have been hurt so many times but not hurt enough to be out there and make the same mistakes again. Or I could be wrong. But of course it would still depend on certain, super-special, out-of-this-world cases.
Dating is a whole lot of ball game, they say. Why balls? Are we supposed to juggle them? Dating is a whole lot of ball game because in games, we need to work on our strategies.
What strategies would that be? I might just as well write them on my next blog. LOLZ

2 comments:

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...