Sunday, January 30, 2011

What’s with Women and their Bags, anyway?

I remember sometime ago I was rushing to get ready on a weekend night. My partner was already 20 minutes patiently (I hoped so) waiting for me below my building. After half of my closet was piled up on top of my bed, make-up scattered on my dresser, shoes and accessories everywhere; I climbed on a stool to reach for that black purse which I imagined would fit into my outfit.
10 minutes later I was with my boyfriend gasping for breath and gave him the sweetest smile and complimenting him for PATIENTLY waiting for me for half an hour. Oh men, they can be such darlings. Hahaha
Everything was great until I uttered my excuse. “Sorry honey, I just couldn’t find my black bag.” Then he said, “Oh, so for half an hour you were looking for your handbag? You could have just gone down without it.” I’m not quite sure if it was me, the statement, the sarcastic tone or just pure nonsense that it irked me in a way. Something just didn’t sound right.
Ladies, take a good look at your closet. How many bags do you have? To be more specific, how many black handbags do you have?
A black bag needs to go with black shoes or black belt. But we would need a different bag for shopping, office, party or even just to go and buy groceries. Guys, this is my simple, black and white explanation why a woman cannot have enough bags in her wardrobe.
A woman’s basic wardrobe consists not only of clothes but with matching accessories, shoes, bags and make-up. A woman of style has to carefully match her accessories, shoes and bag to what she is wearing. They MUST complement each other in a way that she does not look like a walking Christmas tree. I mean ladies, you know what I mean. Fashion sense people!
Ladies, it is our responsibility to remind our partners and in turn, men should remember that when you first laid eyes on us – it was not our “inner beauty” that attracted you to us. It might sound harsh but guys neither look at girls nor approach them if they look funny or weird.
Maybe for you guys, I don’t make any sense. But to a woman, a bag is part of the dress; it complements the outfit and augments our beauty. Because it is with our physical beauty that has gotten you attracted to us, but it is with our inner beauty that made you loved us.
That night, I reminded my boyfriend the first time we met; he couldn’t take his eyes off me. It was not only my smile, my charming personality but it was the total package. And that included the dress, the accessories, the shoes and of course THE BAG.
…because of the bag, my man bagged me up! LOLZ

3 comments:

  1. i like it. so, if it is bags for women, what is it for men? underwear? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. underwear? who says all men wear them? LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. yuck! that would make their pants stink. gross!

    ReplyDelete

ATE MARISSA: A WOMAN OF GREAT FAITH

ATE in the Filipino language means, “older sister.” Growing up as a child, I would always look up to my older siblings.  Definitely, I look ...